Lives on Djab Wurrung land (she/her)
Elly graduated in 2017 with a Bachelor of Occupational Therapy from Deakin University, Geelong. She grew up and worked in rural Victoria and witnessed the challenges that exist in the delivery of rural healthcare. Therefore, she is passionate about making a difference in this population.
She follows a strength-based approach, focusing on what motivates her clients and what they love to develop successful therapeutic strategies.
She is passionate about a permaculture lifestyle and gardening. Elly is currently pursuing a university degree in Horticultural Therapy, using gardening as a means to achieve clients’ social, physical, emotional and mental goals.
Elly has a generalist skillset with over 6 years of experience in a range of settings including the disability sector, hospital, rehab, school and home-based therapies.
In her free time, she enjoys growing veggies in her backyard as well as creating new dishes to enjoy the harvest.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Executive function skills
- Cognitive skills: Memory, planning, sequencing, organising
- Daily routines/schedules
- Community access and safety
- Assistive technology
- Functional assessments, Adaptive skills and techniques in daily tasks
- Positive behaviour support training
- Energy Conservation techniques
- ADHD, Autism, Intellectual Disability, Mental Health, Visual impairment
- Neurological conditions