I have worked as an occupational therapist for a number of years and have developed therapy programmes for children with developmental delay, those on the autism spectrum, those with sensory processing issues, with vision impairment and cerebral palsy.
I have worked in both a school setting and preschools and child care centres as well as early intervention.
I believe that families of children with challenges in their development have developed strategies to help their child and my task is to assist them to further develop those strategies that are successful in order to help their child to flourish within the context of their family life and daily routines.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Play and social skills/behaviour management
- School readiness/Handwriting
- Self care/Toileting
- Self-care skills
- Sensory processing and regulation
- Visual perception and motor coordination assessments and family intervention