Lives on Dharug land (she/her)
Fiona has worked as an occupational therapist for a number of years and has developed therapy programmes for children with developmental delay, those on the autism spectrum, those with sensory processing issues, with vision impairment and cerebral palsy.
She has worked in both a school setting and preschools and child care centres as well as early intervention.
She believes that families of children with developmental challenges have already developed strategies to help their child. Therefore, her role is to assist them to further develop successful strategies. This will help their child to flourish within the context of their family life and daily routines.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Play and social skills/behaviour management
- School readiness/Handwriting
- Self care/Toileting
- Self-care skills
- Sensory processing and regulation
- Visual perception and motor coordination assessments and family intervention